- PhD from IIUM Dept. of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh in 2002. Thesis title: The Theory of Ijtihad in Usuli Thought
- Master’s from IIUM in 1998. Thesis title: Time-Space Dimension and its Impact in Dealing with Islamic Legal Texts.
- Bachelor’s from the University of Algiers (National Higher Institute of the Foundations of Religion) Dept. of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh. Year 1991
- Diploma in Human Sciences. International Islamic University Malaysia; 2007
Winner of the Lamya al-Faruqi Award for Academic Excellence, 1999, organized by International Institute of Islamic Thought & International Islamic University Malaysia.
- Lecturer at University Science Islam Malaysia (USIM) 2003- 2004.
- Assist. Prof. Dr & Assoc. Prof. Dr at International Islamic University Malaysia, Ahmad Ibrahim Kullyyah of Laws. Dept of Islamic Law. From 2004 to 2009.
- Senior Researcher at International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) and lecturer of Islamic finance at Global university of Islamic Finance Malaysia. Since 2009.
- Lecturer at University Tun abdul Razak the course of Islamic Finance for semester June 2011.
- Lecturer for ICD (an affiliate of IDB) candidates under “Islamic Finance Talent Program” (Master Programme) in Jeddah Module “Shariah Rules in Financial Transactions”. April 2012.
Areas of Interest
- Islamic Law of Transactions
- Islamic Banking
- Islamic Capital Markets
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Independent and non-executive director Affin Islamic.
- Member of Shari’ah Committee of Affin Islamic Bank since March 2008.
- Member of Shari’ah Committee of MNRB Retakaful since April 2011.
- Registred Shariah Adviser with Securities Commission Malaysia since March 2012.
- Member of Shari’ah Committee of ISRA Consultancy institute. since April 2011.
- Islamic Legal Maxims for Islamic Finance. International Shariah Research Academy for Islamic Finance Malaysia.under process of publication at ISRA. 2013.
- Maqasisd al-Shariah for Legal Purposes. Co-author with Dr Halima Boukerrocha. Research center International Islamic University Malaysia. 2012.
- ISRA Compendium of Islamic Finance. International Shariah Research Academy for Islamic Finance. 2010. (Project Principle Researcher).
- Edited the book Prof Monzer Kahf: Fundamentals of Islamic Finance. Published by ISRA 2011.
- The Orientalists’ Perception of the Quran and Sunnah, Malaysia Dar At-Tajdid, 2004 (Co-Author).
- Time-Space Dimension and Its Impact in Dealing with Islamic Legal Texts, Jordan: Dar al-Nafa’is and Malaysia: Dar al-Fajr, 1999. Published also by Dar at-Tajdid. Year of publication 2002.
Chapters in Books
- Islamic Banking and the Future Prospects of Islamic Financial Engineering. Book title:"Islamic Transactions and Finance: Principles and Developments" International Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies (IAIS) Malaysia 2013.
- Islamic Financial System: Principles & Operations. Published by International Shariah Research Academy for Islamic finance, 2011.
- The Foundations of Mediation in Islamic Law and its Contemporary Application. published in Lexis Nexis, 2010.
- Methodology of Islamic Legal Opinion (Fatwa) According to Al-Imam Al-Shawkani. Published by University Science Islam Malaysia year 2008.
- Child Protection in Islamic & Malaysian Law: Orphans and Foundlings as a Case Study. Published by UAE Awqaf & the Foundation for the Affairs of Minors, 2007